It is the responsibility of the TPM to ensure quality of care delivered, and maintain the standards of the American College of Surgeons Level II Trauma Center & State of Arizona of a verified Level I trauma center. The TPM will oversee the Trauma Registry and the Trauma Registrars. S/he is responsible for the quality of all trauma data collection and reporting. S/he will oversee the identification of trauma patients, medical record analysis, assigning and posting of appropriate Trauma charges, according to policy and procedure.
The Trauma Program Manager will also oversee injury prevention programs, staff, and volunteers, assess injury patterns unique to our region, and set up a plan to educate, increase awareness and monitor community impact of those interventions. S/he will act as liaison between FMC and regional partners in injury prevention. S/he follows accepted nursing practice and the policy/procedures at Flagstaff Medical Center. S/he assists and/or performs procedures that are within the scope of nursing practice. S/he practices within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing. S/he may be caring for neonates, infants, children, adolescents, and adults. S/he has the knowledge and skills to care for the physical and developmental needs of the population within his/her department.
* Works with Medical Director and Trauma System Director to implement adult and pediatric performance improvement plans that are cost effective, efficient and improve quality.
* Establishes and maintains mutual trust and respect with staff.
* Promotes an environment that motivates, nurtures and empowers staff. Works to maintain positive inter-departmental relations.
* Works with employees to facilitate and achieve skill, education and performance goals.
* Manages and collaborates with internal and external resources to perform community focused, evidenced based injury prevention activities that are effective and measurable.
* Assists staff in developing plans and outlining improvement processes when needed.
* Performs annual and mid-year evaluations of Trauma Registry staff and ensures timely feedback on performance issues.
* Ensures timely feedback and evaluation of all direct reports.
* Coordinates updating and implementing unit/cluster evidenced based practice guidelines or G.O.P.
* Meets with Trauma Program Medical Director to review process improvement issues, perform case reviews, facilitate PI discussions, adjust audit filters, QA indicators, and provide follow up for internal and system trauma improvements.
* Delegates tasks/projects to staff and demonstrates appropriate follow-up to ensure desired outcomes.
* Implements audit practices for trauma documentation and trauma registry to ensure accuracy and completeness.
* Ensures integration of Trauma PI with Hospital Quality and Patient Safety Department by sharing data, participating in Quality initiatives, ensuring opportunities for confidential provider peer review and nursing case reviews.
* Has a hospital reputation for managing a quality department as demonstrated by quality measurements such as patient experience, physician satisfaction, and employee engagement survey.
* Maintains high visibility in the department, providing staff opportunity to interact with a manager during staff's regular work hours. Demonstrates a willingness to discuss issues with staff during their work hours.
* May need to occasionally take a patient assignment.
* Assesses and provides timely feedback on clinical performance to Trauma Resuscitation Nurses, identifies TRN learning needs, coordinates educational meetings, and provides feedback to staff and supervisors regarding clinical performance.
* Participates in hiring and evaluation of Trauma Resuscitation Nurses with Emergency Department Clinical Manager.
* Responsible for management of all Trauma Registry staff, Interns, and volunteers.
* Maintains required Certifications/Licensures.
* Participates in creating and sustaining a learning environment supported by evidenced-based practice and research.
* Ensures compliance with all ACS COT and AZDHS Trauma Center rules and guidelines and maintains State Level I Trauma Center designation.
* Participates and takes leadership role in community and regional injury prevention programs.
* Completes Pre Review Questionnaire and submits to ACS, COT and AZ Department of Health Bureau of Trauma.
* Focuses on personal development areas, engaging in professional/collegial interactions with peers and students.
* Works collaboratively with peers and other healthcare providers, and participates in ongoing in-service and educational seminars.
* Participates in the mentoring and education of colleagues and students.
* Publishes and presents data and findings as needed and supports clinical research efforts as needed.
* Performs trauma care outreach to rural/urban areas to improve trauma care and services within the northern region by participating in State/Regional trauma meetings, providing patient and PI follow up, and mentoring regional referral trauma centers in process improvement and injury prevention.
* Assists with providing training for new services, technology, medications, and equipment on an on-going basis. Utilizes onsite Education, when possible.
* Demonstrates initiative to maintain and enhance knowledge and skills required for unit specialty, management and leadership.
* Manages time to accommodate own education.
* Responsible for reporting any safety-related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety-related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
* Adheres to regulatory and organizational standards affecting patient care and safety as well as all hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Practices in a safe and cost-effective manner.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employee's area of responsibility.
* If required for the position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job-specific training in the specified time frame.
* Maintains timely and accurate documentation of assessments, interventions, EMR entries, and patient responses.
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing- Required
Master's Degree- Preferred
Certification and Licensures
Active, unrestricted, Arizona RN License- Required
BLS (American Heart Assoc.)- Required
ACLS (American Heart Assoc.)- Required
PALS and/or ENPC- Required
CPST Certification- Require within 2 years
TPM Course- As soon as available
TOPIC class- Required within 1 year
Previous leadership experience in specialty area- Required
Minimum of 2 years recent emergency or trauma experience- Required
Requisition ID: 2020-8736
Street: 1200 N, Beaver St.
Certifications: Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Basic Life Support, Pediatric Advance Life Support, Registered Nurse
Full Name: First Last: NOELLE VAN WAGENEN
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org