American Red Cross Tucson, AZ 85756
If you’re looking to gain new skills, help save lives and contribute to the mission of one of the nation’s most respected humanitarian organizations, consider a career in biomedical services at the American Red Cross. As a Red Cross employee, you’ll have opportunities to grow your career and be recognized and rewarded for your efforts. Most importantly, you’ll work alongside dedicated individuals like yourself who live the values of our organization every day. Join us for a career that helps save lives every day.
As part of the world’s largest humanitarian network, the American Red Cross places top priority on the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, blood donors and those who receive our aid and services. Our commitment to public health is unwavering—both during the COVID-19 pandemic and year-round.
The American Red Cross is proud to be one of the Top-Rated Workplaces: Best Non-Profits and Top-Rated Workplaces: Veterans based on rankings and reviews on Indeed.
If you share our passion for helping people, then join us in this excellent career opportunity.
Position offers $1000 sign-on Bonus after first 90 days
Standard Schedule: 2 schedule options are available
Sunday - Thursday -Sunday 9:30am - 6:00pm , Monday - Thursday 11:30am - 8:00pm (40 hours)
Tuesday - Saturday - Tues/Wed/Thur. 10:30am - 8pm/Fri. 9am - 6:30pm/Sat. 9am - 1pm
This position offers a base pay + bonus eligibility, shift differential, a comprehensive benefits package and vacation accrual begins after 90 days of employment.
Must be able to commit to 90 days of uninterrupted employment.(100% attendance required)
Must be able to commit to one of the schedules referenced above.
High school diploma or equivalent required (GED).
Minimum one year of telemarketing, customer service or call center experience is preferred.
Prior sales or negotiation experience is a plus.
Proficient in using multiple computer applications simultaneously in a fast-paced environment to quickly and efficiently meet donor service needs.
Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills required.
Effective verbal communication skills, the ability to work with potentially difficult customers, and work in a fast-paced call center environment is required.
Desire to advocate and learn more about blood donations with an interest in promoting upwards.
If a prior employee or contractor, must be eligible for rehire.
1. Contact blood donors by telephone using a dialer system to recruit for blood donation. Use information from multiple computer systems simultaneously to target appropriate blood drives for donor, update donor records as needed and to record outcomes of calls.
2. Schedule appointments while providing positive service experience to maximize donor show rates.
3. Follow a process and appropriate scripting for conducting a call with a donor, to ensure a consistent donor experience.
4. Maintain daily production standard, including phone calls and appointments per hour, to meet established collection goals.
5. Develop a working knowledge of donor criteria to inform donors of eligibility and reduce deferral rates.
6. Maintain accurate records of donors/groups contacted and appointments scheduled to avoid errors, poor customer relations and to ensure sufficient donor availability.
7. May develop new leads and implement new donor recruitment programs to ensure an increased donor base and an adequate blood supply.
8. Respond to or transfer inbound calls to the appropriate party.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
10. May coordinate support of community and business donor groups to assure a positive image of the American Red Cross.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
Perform a variety of telerecruiting functions in support of the defined goals for the Division.
The duties and responsibilities mentioned in the job description are representative of the essential functions of the position. The performance management system incorporates competencies which are identified, discussed and evaluated in order to meet operational milestones and which are tied to job families and titles. Three types of competencies have been identified; Technical Competencies are job specific skills and methods, Core Competencies are the abilities and behaviors expected of all Biomedical Services employees, Leadership Competencies are specific abilities and behaviors required of those performing formal management roles or other leadership roles (i.e. Project Leaders). Management and staff should contact Human Resources for further details on the appropriate competencies for a specific position.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
The duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. Physical requirements are those present in normal office environment conditions. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Some local and non-local business travel may be required.
Exposure levels are based on the essential functions as stated in this position description; however, in some instances, variances may occur due to the applicable nature of this position within a particular work site. Therefore the work site may determine the exposure level to be greater than or less than the below stated level.
This position is an exposure determination 0 in view of the fact that normal work involves no exposure to blood or blood components and/or human body fluids or tissue samples as a result of splashes, spills, and/or needlesticks or performance of or assistance in first aid.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.