Insight Tempe, AZ 85293 (Telecommute)
The Service Desk Representative is responsible for support of hardware, software and telecommunications equipment. As a Service Desk Representative you are the front line in support of Insight Customers. In this role, you will respond to customer inquiries via phone, email, and chat. Associates must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
What you’ll do at Insight
• Effectively manage issues through multiple forms of inbound requests including in person, queue calls (phone), e-mails, Chat, web forms, or client tracking/ticketing databases.
• Respond to all Customer requests in timely and professional manner.
• Instruct end users in the appropriate use of equipment, software, and/or reference materials.
• Assist with all aspects of technical support, including on-site visits as needed.
• Data entry (management of data) -accurately prioritize, categorize, track and log calls, tickets, chats, etc. following client or internal tracking protocols.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to hardware/software, password resets, Microsoft operating systems, security, desktop applications, and peripherals.
• Research/troubleshoot issues using the tools available.
• Navigate internal/external reference support materials.
• Proactively following up on all open issues.
• Work closely with other team members to identify and suggest resolutions and improvements.
• Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to join Insight
• Two-year Associate Degree (field related) or equivalent experience required.
• Must have a minimum of one year helpdesk experience in a corporate environment, two years preferred.
• Must have a comprehensive knowledge of computer hardware/software concepts.
• This position requires extensive working knowledge of hardware/software concepts, including Microsoft products and network/account management tools.
• Must be able to diagnose and resolve moderately complex system hardware, software, network, and operator issues.
• Related certifications including Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), A+, Network +, preferred, but not required.
• Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business/professional journals, technical procedures, or regulations.
• Ability to write reports and/or business correspondence a must.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, other teammates required.
• Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to work in a team environment and present a professional image.
• Must be able to multi-task and be flexible with assigned work schedule.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and operate a computer, telephone and keyboard.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required; including quarter-driven hours as business demands dictate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
• Ability to work in a confined area.
• Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.