MUFG Union Bank Tempe, AZ 85282
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
This position is a newly created position within the newly formed Operations and Excellence Management Team that will assist with ensuring that the Financial Crimes Center of Excellence (CoE) within the Global Financial Crimes Division has proper governance through strong control processes. The position will primarily support the monthly operation of performing the capacity forecasting and planning across the operational functions within the Americas CoE along with other supporting tasks including reporting and continuous process improvement. This position is critical to this department’s evolution.
* Work with Operational leadership to forecast headcount and determine required capacity based on operational requirements.
* Analyze trends to identify workforce shortages, conduct root cause analysis, and develop strategic solutions for planned initiatives
* Document and process map the relevant steps, as well as relevant data inputs and assumptions ensuring that data libraries and information is maintained within department standards.
* Effectively align with, and collaborate with, partners across a global matrixed organization.
* Partner with Operations and Excellence Management Vice President for Staffing Governance to ensure monthly delivery is performed on-time
* Provide assistance in support of multiple projects and preparing related documentation
* Participate in working groups and project initiatives across the organization, as needed
* Assist in summarizing the status of current projects and related deliverables for senior management’s review
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required;
* Minimum of 3-5 years of direct work experience in AML risk analysis or equivalent with related experience in other areas of banking and preferably in the financial services industry
* Experience with forecasting ideally in an operational scenario leveraging various MI& Reporting inputs to create staffing analyses a plus.
* Microsoft Office Suite proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Strong verbal and written communications skills are required
* Excellent organization and time management skills with attention to detail
* Self-starter with the ability to synthesize ambiguous information and develop creative solutions
* Ability to work efficiently and effectively on team-oriented projects or independently, as needed
_The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified._
_We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category._
_A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses._
**Primary Location:** TEXAS-Irving
**Other Locations:** ARIZONA-Tempe
**Req ID:** 10039693-WD