Johns Manville Tucson, AZ 85775
The successful applicant will have the ability to perform basic mathematics accurately on a consistent basis. The applicant will learn the proper use of balancing equipment, disc washing equipment. This position requires working from verbal, written, or computer-generated instructions according to established operating procedures.
* Maintain a safe work environment
* Work closely with EH&S. Make sure OSHA and environmental requirements are being followed throughout the facility.
* Keep informed on all JSAs on all disc manufacturing machinery and be confident you are aware of all changes.
* Operate lifting equipment, including cranes, hoists and forklifts, safely lifting and moving parts and material.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Interface with team members on all shifts and other departments.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities.
* Self-starter that, upon completion of training, shows the ability to carry out assignments with minimal direction and supervision.
* Show initiative in supporting safety plant wide.
* Computer competency, capable of learning to interface with required databases and programs.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
* Ability to read, write and interpret complex items in English
* Ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful work environment
* Ability to consistently make appropriate decisions with frequent interruptions