SGS North America Inc. Phoenix, AZ 85098
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
This position is responsible for all sales and business development activities to promote SGS Divisional services, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory or geographic location. The successful incumbent will prepare individual sales action plans in line with the overall sales strategy to ensure a targeted and focused approach that will deliver on the overall growth strategy of the business and maximize profit. They will nuture and grow current sales opportunities, prospect and develop new markets to meet required revenue targets within defined areas of responsibility. Incumbents will also contribute to sales and marketing intelligence and maintain a high profile in the industry for the Company. Additionally, they will provide technical support, mentoring, supervision and training for sampling services relating to precious metals. They will develop sampling and analysis protocols to meet client quality, timeline and budget requirements.
* Accountable for meeting annually established targets within approved expense budgets and for assigned territories.
* Understands market challenges andleads strategic planning for future business opportunities
* Reports on developments in the market place and competitor activities (market intelligence)
* Willwork alongside clients and project teams to develop best practice methods to ensure sampling and analysis are conductedin accordance with client requirements
* Prepares individual sales plans with goals/objectives: Identify, research, plan and contact potential and existing clients to maintain and establish new business to achieve targeted revenue growth.
* Prepares client quotes, service agreements, proposals, responses to RFS, RFP's or tenders within set deadlines ensuring professional submission of all information as requested by clients and with proper collaboration technical and operations functions to ensure that project scope, schedules and budgets are accurately planned, monitored, communicated and met.
* Follows the sales full cycle from lead generations, customer relations, through to close. Secures closure on all proposals and is responsible for follow up with clients after project completion
* Uses skilled judgement in identifying sales opportunities, closing business and resolving customer related issues
* Researches new customers, prospect for new customers using the internet, phone, cold calling and personal visits.
* Provides accurate forecasts and pipelines on a regular basis
* Prepares and submit timely and accurate reports of sales activities (e.g. client visits/calls, information) using the existing systems (CRM).
* Participates in and implements campaigns and strategies to promote the sale of the SGS divisional services and all up SGS business.
* Presents and represents SGS at Trade Shows and Conferences when approved to build SGS brand awareness and broaden the market and client base.
* Pursues opportunities to expand Company profile and client relationships
* May be assigned special or related ad hoc projects from time-to-time within the company.
Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
* Anticipate and resolve potential client problems. Forwarding to the appropriate individual(s) where necessary.
* Assist in decisions involving price structure and price negotiations.
* Recommendations as to most effective trade shows, conference, etc for SGS to participate in.
* Contributes to the establishment of sales & profitability targets
* Creative initiatives related to sales and marketing
* Analyze sales performance by category, account and client to establish productive sales plans.
* Proposal analysis and development
* Making commercial decisions in line with business plans.
* Skilled judgement in identifying sales opportunities, closing business and resolving customer related issues.
* Extensive knowledge of the related field.
Impact of Decisions
* Achieving sales targets
* Brand reputation and client relations.
* Establishing new business leads to support divisional revenue targets.
* Exchange of information such a relaying messages, answering telephones, explaining procedures of explaining how to fill out forms.
* Discussion of problems with a view to obtaining consent, cooperation and/or coordination of activities
* Completing an incident report
* Writing reports which include recommendations for action
* Negotiation with suppliers to reach agreement on price reduction for supplies
* Chair meetings; lead work group/committee discussions
* Counseling, coaching
* Education: post secondary degree in a relevant field
* Experience: over five years of related sales/business development experience is required
Specific technical skills:
* University degree (preferably in related technical or business discipline)
* Expert knowledge of the business line services
* Competitive and profit driven
* Sets bold and aggressive standards and is able to maintain a high level of productivity
* Ability to demonstrate customer centric selling techniques
* Superior organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential
* Must be a self motivator with a strong sense of urgency
* Demonstrate diplomacy and networking skills
* Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
* Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook) including sales tracking tools (i.e. CRM).
* Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
* Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
* Ability to work well with others & independently.
* Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
* Works well under pressure.
* Ensures full compliance with the company's Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies